What We Do
What is a Braver Angels Alliance Group?
How is the Greater Cincinnati Alliance Structured?
Want to learn more or get involved? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Braver Angels Greater Cincinnati is working in our local communities by holding workshops, debates and public presentations designed to bridge the polarizing political divide we experience in our country. These events allow conservatives and liberals to get past the destructive stereotypes so we can have civil conversations about real issues that lead to productive problem-solving.
Our mission is to introduce citizens to the Braver Angels process of depolarization and civil discourse through:
Red/Blue Workshops bring together a small and balanced number of "Reds" (Republican or conservative-leaning citizens) and "Blues" (Democratic or liberal-leaning citizens) for a day of structured conversations. Here's what participants say a Red/Blue workshop gives them an opportunity to do:
• Gain a better understanding of the experiences and beliefs of those on the other side of the political divide
• Find areas of common ground and agreement in addition to differences
• Learn perspectives that are helpful to you and to others in your community and the nation
Skills Training Workshops
Skills Training Workshops can be done with any size group and bring together a small and balanced number of "Reds" (Republican or conservative-leaning citizens) and "Blues" (Democratic or liberal-leaning citizens). Skills workshops offer the following:
• The knowledge of what it takes to have constructive, non-polarizing conversations between people who disagree politically
• The chance to practice the skills to have these conversations
• Motivation to have these conversations with people in your social network
Coffee and Conversations
Our bimonthly Coffee and Conversation gatherings meet at local coffee shops for friendly, moderated discussions bookended by casual conversations to get to know each other.
Our Alliance is a group of folks who want to help unify America, participate together in public life, engage in more civil conversations and promote better public policy.